Today’s DIY is all about Magnesium! A few benefits to the mineral:
- Relieves Insomnia. Magnesium prepares your body for good shut-eye by relaxing your muscles and calming your nerves by regulating your brain’s neurotransmitters.
- Protects Your Heart. Magnesium fuels the heart, protects your heart’s pump, prevents heart attacks, and provides elasticity for heart and blood vessels. It also reduces calcium build up in your heart and arteries.
- Supports Bone Health. Magnesium reduces the rate that bones degrade or break down and so a balanced level of magnesium in bones is crucial for bone health!
This wonderful DIY lotion helps us achieve balance quickly and provides great benefits to our bodies!
What You Need:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 5 tbsp shea butter
- 2 tbsp beeswax
- 1 cup magnesium chloride brine oil
- Fragrance Oil. We recommend 40 drops of Beautiful Day Type, Lavender Chamomile, or Water Lily.
- Measure olive oil, shea butter, and beeswax into a heat-safe pitcher.
- Create a double boiler by placing the pitcher inside a pan of water with a cloth under the pitcher.
- Heat water to a gentle simmer.
- Stir oil mixture periodically as it melts.
- Once the beeswax and shea butter are completely melted and combined into olive oil, remove the pitcher from heat and pour oil mixture into food processor, being careful to not get any water in oil mixture.
- Turn food processor on.
- Slowly pour a very thin stream of magnesium chloride brine into the food processor while it runs.
- Allow food processor to run for a minute or so.
- Add fragrance oils, if using, and allow food processor to run for another minute.
- Pour magnesium lotion into glass jars.
- Store at room temperature in a cool, dark place.
Usage: 1 teaspoon delivers about 280mg of magnesium! We recommend using about 1-2 teaspoons at a time!