Today we have a DIY to help you get your skin healthy and GLOWING by the holidays!
What You Need:
- 1/4 cup Dried Blue Cornflower Petals
- 1 cup Cornflower hydrosol
- 1/4 cup Olivem 1000
- 10 drops Optiphen Plus
- 1/3 cup Jojoba Oil
- 1 tsp Shea Butter
- 1 tsp Cocoa Butter
- 5 vitamin E capsules
- Heat proof jar or bowl
- 20 drops of fragrance oil: We recommend these scents: Fire Amber, Black Oak Currant, or Aspen Winter!
- Add the jojoba oil and dried cornflower petals into a heat-proof jar or bowl and warm in a water bath for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat at the lowest possible temperature to avoid burning the oils or herb and add more water if necessary.
- Strain the oil through a coffee filter or a fine-mesh tea infuser to remove the solids and discard the cornflower petals.
- Measure 1/4 cup of the cornflower oil and 1 cup cornflower hydrosol and add both into two separate heatproof jars or containers.
- Add the Olivem 1000, shea butter and cocoa butter to the jar with the oil.
- Warm both jars in a water bath until the Olivem 1000 and butters have melted. Stir occasionally to speed up the process.
- Transfer the oil-Olivem mixture into a large jar or a tall mixing bowl. Add the essential oils and vitamin E and whisk with an immersion blender to combine.
- Stir the Optiphen Plus into the cornflower hydrosol.
- Keep whisking and slowly pour the warm hydrosol to the oil phase. Whisk the emulsion for 2 to 3 minutes until well blended.
- Mix well to combine, then transfer your homemade body lotion into a pump bottle or airtight cosmetic jar.
**Tip: If your skin has been really dry, after taking a bath or shower blot your skin with your towel to dry off. Don’t rub. Then while your skin is still slightly damp, apply your moisturizer to your body to seal in some additional moisture!