Fall is here are we’re ready to start decorating! Are you? Here is a simple tip to create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your home!
What You Need:
- Resealable food storage bag
- Small spray bottle
- 20-25 drops of fragrance oil of your choice! We highly recommend these: Sexy Cinnamon Clove, Cinnamon, or Warmth of the Holidays!
- If you’ve gathered your own pinecones instead of purchasing them from a craft store, you’ll have to prep them first. Lay them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for about an hour on the middle rack of your oven at 200 degrees F. This will cause tightly-closed pinecones to open up as well as kill bugs and/or bacteria that may have hitched a ride on them to your home. Let the pinecones cool completely before moving on to the next steps.
- Add about 20 drops of cinnamon essential oil and 1/8 cup of water to the spray bottle. Shake well!
- Put the pinecones into a resealable plastic bag and spray with the scented solution. Shake the bag to make sure that the fragrance is distributed evenly.
- Seal the bag and leave the pinecones to infuse the scent. For maximum effect, we recommend leaving them in the solution for about 4 weeks total. (Respray again at around the 2-week point)
- They are ready to be displayed!