Create some fun sugar scrub balls for super smooth, soft skin.
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 pound of melt & pour glycerin soap
- 1/4 cup of shea butter
- 1/2 cup of jojoba oil
- 2 cups of organic cane sugar
- Vitamin E oil
- Silicone Mold
- Optional: Food coloring
- Microwave or double boiler
- 30 drops of fragrance oils. We recommend: Blueberry, Cranberry, Juniper Breeze
- Cut up 1 bar (1/2 pound) of melt & pour glycerin soap into small chunks
- Add the soap to a large glass measuring cup or glass bowl
- Melt soap using a double boiler or melt in microwave (cook for 30 seconds, stir, then if needed, cook again for 30 seconds)
- Add 1/4 cup of shea butter and stir until it is completely melted and well mixed
- Add 1/2 cup of jojoba oil (or you can use another skin-nurturing oil like avocado oil, sweet almond oil, rose hip seed oil, apricot kernel oil, or sunflower oil)
- Add a few drops of vitamin E oil
- Add 30 drops of fragrance oil
- Add 2 cups of organic cane sugar note: once you add the sugar, the mixture will start to set up very quickly. Make sure that you have your coloring and mold all ready to go so that once you add the sugar, you can add the coloring, mix well, and scoop into molds before the mixture sets up too much.
- (Optional): Add few drops of food coloring
- Stir well, making sure in get down to the corners and the very bottom
- Scoop sugar-scrub mixture into mold and smooth out with the back of a spoon
- Sprinkle a little extra sugar onto the top of each mold to give the sugar-scrub a little extra shimmer
- Let sugar-scrub cool completely and then unmold- you can speed up the cooling by popping the sugar-scrub into the freezer for about 30 minutes
- Store in an airtight container
How to Use:
Use one cube per shower — Wash hair and skin as normal, then before leaving shower, rub a sugar scrub cube over skin using small circular motions. Focus efforts on arms, legs, and back. Smush the cube in your hand towards the end. This exposes more of the sugar and increases the exfoliation.
Rinse well to remove all traces of sugar from your skin.
Pat skin dry with a soft towel.