Finding it difficult to keep from scratching pesky bug bites? Try this anti-itch balm!
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pellets
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 25 drops of tea tree oil
- Lip balm tubes (this recipe will fill about 12 tubes) OR you can use a tin container to store as well.
- Double boiler
- Funnel or pipette
- 15 drops of fragrance oil of your choice! We highly recommend these fragrance oils: Azalea, French Market, or Golden Hydrangea!
- Place all the ingredients (except the tea tree and fragrance oils) in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can make one by putting a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Melt all the ingredients together, stirring often.
- Once all the ingredients are melted together, remove from the heat, add tea tree and fragrance oils, and mix well. Work fast as the mixture will harden quickly after being removed from the heat.
- With a small funnel, pipette, or old medicine dropper fill the lip balm containers with the mixture.
- Let tubes sit at room temperature for a few hours until cooled and wholly hardened before capping them.