Today’s DIY is light and refreshingly cool! Its extra moisturizing and soothing properties will protect your skin from the drying effects of the sun and give it that silky-soft feel.
What You Need:
- 4 ounces Dead Sea Salt
- 1 ounce Sunflower Oil
- 0.4 ounces Shea Butter
- 0.2 ounces Aloe Vera Oil
- 6 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 1/2 mini scoop Green Mica Colorant (optional for added color)
- Mixing tool
- Container for the scrub
- 25 drops of fragrance oil: Cucumber Melon, Avocado Mint, or Peppermint!
- In a double boiler, heat shea butter on low until melted. Add sunflower oil and aloe vera oil. Whisk the mixture until blended.
- Add salt to a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter/oils over the salt, mixing well to fully combine the ingredients.
- Add cucumber mint fragrance oil and vitamin E oil. Stir well.
- Sprinkle green mica colorant over mixture and stir in to fully incorporate the color.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove and stir to blend in all the ingredients fully. Mixture should be thick enough so there’s no separation of oils.
- Fill your jar and voilà! Ready to be used!
How To Use
Apply a few scoops onto wet skin and gently massage in a circular motion. Rinse off with warm water.
Note: This is an oil scrub and will be slippery when used in the tub or shower. Please be careful. Also do not use if your skin has any cuts or open wounds as the salt will sting!