Turn your shower into a giant diffuser and enjoy your favorite fragrance oils with today’s recipe of shower melts!
What You Need:
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- Witch hazel
- A silicone muffin pan (or something similar).
- 2 teaspoons of fragrance oil of choice! We recommend: Bay Rum, Honeydew Melon, Or Honeysuckle!
- Measure the baking soda and citric acid into a bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Add your fragrance oils. You can use up to two teaspoons. Stir to combine. If you’d like to color your steamers with food coloring, add that now!
- Lightly spritz the surface of the mixture with witch hazel. Then, give it a good stir.
- Continue spritzing and stirring until you end up with a consistency of wet sand. Be careful not to spray it too much! You don’t want your shower steamers to fizz before you use them in the shower!
- Fill your silicone muffin pan with your shower steamer mixture, and press it in with your hands or the back of a spoon, so it’s firmly packed. This recipe makes eight steamers.