This sunscreen is easy to make and doesn’t leave that sticky or greasy feeling after applying! PS: It’s water resistant too!
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup Shea butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cups of Beeswax
- Distilled Water
- 1/4 cup Apricot Kernel Oil
- 1/2 Non-nano Zinc Oxide
- 2 tbsp of Cacao Powder (Helps the sunscreen blend in with your skin tone)
- Squeeze Bottles to store your finished sunscreen!
- Measuring Glass
- Double Boiler
- 60 drops of fragrance oil of your choice! We highly recommend these: Instant Vacation, Barrier Reef, or Bay Rum!
- Add 1/4 cup of beeswax, 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup shea butter to heat safe measuring cup.
- Use double boiler to melt butter, oil and beeswax together.
- Remove the mixture from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- When the mixture has cooled for a few minutes, add 1/4 cup apricot kernel oil.
- Add the 60 drops of fragrance oil and stir well!
- Add 1/2 cup non-nano zinc oxide and the 2 tbsp of cacao.
- Let the mixture cool completely for a few hours. The zinc and cocoa may have settled so make to mix again very well before transferring the sunscreen into their containers!