If you’re starting to get dry, winter skin this exfoliating lotion bar may be perfect for you!
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup unsalted, raw almonds,
- 1/2 cup adzuki beans
- 1.5 cups cocoa butter
- 3/4 cup shea butter
- Double boiler
- 80 drops of fragrance oil of your choice! We highly recommend these: Aspen Winter, Pine, or Woodland Bay!
- Coffee grinder
- Silicone molds
- Measure ingredients and then grind them in a coffee (or spice) grinder! Grind till they are a fine powder.
- In a separate, heat-safe bowl, add the cocoa butter and shea butter and melt together in the double boiler. Stir occasionally until everything is melted.
- Let butters cool for 2 minutes
- Add the fragrance oils in and stir well
- Add in the ground fine powder and mix well so that the rice, almonds, and adzuki beans are mixed equally throughout. Do this somewhat quickly because we want the mixture to be pourable for the molds.
- Pour mixture into silicone molds and let bars solidify and dry before removing.
How to Use
You use this lotion bar in the shower! Glide the bar over your skin (under water), rinse off, pat skin dry with a soft, fluffy towel.
Keep the lotion bar clean and dry when not in use. Store the lotion bar out of the shower so that it doesn’t melt when not in use!