“Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
Today’s DIY is a wonderful bath salt for you to enjoy some much needed relaxing you-time. Relax, pamper and rejuvenate your body with these calming scents!
What You Need:
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 cup dried lavender buds
- 1 tbsp carrier oil
- 1/2 tsp emulsifier
- a few drops of purple food coloring or soap colorant (optional)
- large glass mixing bowl
- small glass bowl
- small whisk
- 30 drops of fragrance oil of your choice! We highly recommend these: Lavender, Lavender Chamomile, Vanilla, or Lilac & Lilies!
- Add the carrier oil, emulsifier, fragrance oil into a small mixing bowl. Stir until the liquids are blended.
- In a large mixing bowl, carefully combine the Epsom salt, sea salt and lavender buds.
- Add the liquid ingredients from step 1 to the salt-lavender mix. Stir until well combined.
- Optionally, add a few drops of purple food coloring or soap colorant to tint the lavender bath soak.
- Transfer the DIY lavender bath salt into an airtight storage container.
- Keep your DIY lavender salts in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight.
- If you can, store the homemade bath salt recipe out of the bathroom. Due to high humidity, the bathrooms aren’t the best place to store homemade bath salts.
- Shelf life is about 2 years.