Every once in a while your garbage disposal may start to get stinky from any left over food that gets caught inside. These refreshers will leave your kitchen smelling lovely and clean!
What You Will Need:
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tbsp liquid dish soap or Castile Soap
- Zest from 1 lime (optional)
- Juice from 1 lime or lemon
- Airtight Container
- Fragrance oils. We recommend 8 drops Coconut Lime Verbena fragrance oil & 12 drops Lemon Sugar fragrance oil OR 20 drops Apple
- Mix the baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Stir in the liquid dish soap, lime zest, lime juice, and fragrance oils. Mix together with hands.The mixture should be a wet sand consistency; if it is not, add a little water until it becomes the right consistency.
- Use a tablespoon to mold the disposal fresheners, and then place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Leave the fresheners to dry overnight, and then place them in a glass jar to store.
How to Use:
When using the disposal fresheners, first place 3–4 ice cubes in the disposal; grind with cold water running to clear the disposal and sharpen the grinders. Then place 1–2 citrus refreshers in the disposal, and let them sit for a couple minutes before grinding with the water running.