Make your house smell wonderful and look decorative for the holidays with this DIY Holiday Gel Wax Candle!
What You Will Need:
- Glass jar
- Gel wax
- Wood dowel (A pencil works as well)
- *Optional: Food color
- 60 drops of fragrance oil. We recommend: Pine Needle, Aspen Winter or Woodland Bay!
- Place wick at the base of the jar.
- Wrap other end of wick around a pencil and rest on top of the jar so that it stays in the center.
- Fill the glass with your embellishments. Be as creative as possible!
- Take a small amount of gel wax in a pan. Just enough to fill your glass jar. Warm it on a low flame. Make sure it is low because the gel may burn at high temperature.
- Mix in the fragrance oil of your choice.
- Slowly pour gel into the glass jar while being careful not to move the pencil and embellishments inside. If you wait about a minute, the gel will slightly solidify and you can add different layers in your candle!
- Wait about 15 minutes for your candle to cool down completely, cut the wick closer to the candle & enjoy!