In today’s blog we will learn how to create an oil diffuser necklace to let you enjoy aromatherapy benefits all day! It’s a fun project that your kids can help you create and makes a fun homemade gift for the holidays!
What You Will Need:
- Wax or parchment paper
- Air dry clay
- Rubber stamps
- Hemp, leather or fabric cord
- Small jump rings
- Pliers (to open and close jump rings)
- **Optional: Beads for decoration
- 1-2 drops of fragrance oil per pendant. We recommend: Mountain Meets The Ocean or Aspen Winter
- Set out a large sheet of wax or parchment paper and lay flat
- Grab a small ball of clay about the size of a nickel and press down into a flat circle shape on your surface.
- Clean up the edges if needed and then choose a stamp to press and create an impression in your clay.
- Use your pencil to press and create a hole where the necklace cord can pass through.
- Let the pendants dry for about 2-3 days (or however long your clay’s instructions say).
- Turn the pendant into a necklace by adding a small jump ring to your pendant. String your cord through, cut at length desired and tie a knot. **Optional** Customize by adding some beads!
- Lay the pendant flat and on the wax or parchment paper and add 1-2 drops of essential oils to the front of the pendant. Tip the pendant back and forth so the oil spreads evenly and wipe off any excess.
- The oil will last 2-3 days. Once the fragrance fades, feel free to re-apply with whichever scent you’d like to enjoy next!