In the upcoming months, the weather can be harsh to your skin! Use this DIY face cream to up your facial care routine.
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- Double boiler
- 10 drops of fragrance oil. We recommend: Almond, Golden Hydrangea, Sunflower
- Heat coconut oil, beeswax, and jojoba oil in a double boiler, stirring once in a while to make sure the contents mix.
- Once melted into a liquid and mixed well, pour the mixture into a glass blender and allow the mixture to cool for about 2 hours.
- Scrape the sides of the blender down to loosen contents and turn blender on low.
- Pour aloe vera gel into the mixture and stop occasionally to allow contents to combine. If any contents get stuck in the blender, scrape the sides of the blender and whip the mixture by hand until a light fluffy texture.
- Continue mixing and add fragrance oils.
A few notes:
- Although Aloe Vera is great for the skin, we still recommend testing this lotion on a small area of your skin before using on your face.
- We suggest keeping a small amount in your bathroom and keeping the rest in the fridge to have a longer storage life. (Up to 3-4 months)