Here’s a recipe for creating a lotion bar that’s soothing and nourishing for your skin! Use it on dry, scratchy areas like knees, elbows, feet and hands!
What You Need:
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup cocoa butter or shea butter (or you can use a combination of the two)
- 1 cup beeswax
- Silicon molds or metal tins
- 15 drops of your favorite fragrance oil. We recommend: Fresh Cotton, Honeysuckle, or Lemon Sugar!
- Melt all the ingredients, except the fragrance oils, in a double boiler. You can make your own double boiler by placing a glass bowl over a medium-size saucepan.
- Bring the water to a boil until the ingredients are melted.
- Once ingredients are melted, remove the bowl from the heat. Let mixture cool slightly and then add in fragrance oils.
- Stir well until combined.
- Pour the mixture into silicon molds or metal tins.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then pop the bars out of the molds.
- Store in an airtight container! These will last up to one year!
How to Use:
Rub the lotion bar onto the skin where you want to use it. When you rub it on warm skin, it will melt slightly, making it easy to apply. Massage into the skin.