Make a sunscreen this summer that’s good for your skin! (And it’s waterproof!)
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (natural SPF of 10)
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 2 Tbsp Shea butter
- 1 tsp Vitamin E
- 2 Tbsp Zinc Oxide powder (natural SPF of 20)
- 25 drops of your favorite fragrance oil. We recommend: Coconut Cream, Gardenia, or Honeysuckle!
- In a double boiler, combine everything except the zinc powder
- Warm over medium heat until everything is melted!
- Pour into a glass jar, add in the zinc
- Put a tight lid on the jar and shake really well. Avoid breathing in the zinc powder. Be careful, it can be hot. Wrap a towel around the jar to help when you shake it!
- Pour into desired containers.
- Allow to cool completely before using! Use when out in the sun for prolonged periods of time, reapply as necessary. This stuff lasts, even in the water!