Sometimes even if you’re careful and wear sunscreen, you can still get burnt. If you unfortunately got burned this summer, try this simple to make sunburn soother to help lessen the pain and discomfort until your skin heals again!
What You Will Need:
- Aloe vera gel
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Witch hazel extract
- Double boiler
- Container for cream
- Hand mixer
- 15 drops of fragrance oil. We recommend Avocado Mint or Green Tea!
- Melt avocado oil, coconut oil, and beeswax in a double boiler until fully combined. Transfer the melted mixture into the bowl you plan to mix in. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool
- Combine the aloe vera gel, witch hazel extract, and fragrance oil in a separate container
- When the oil mixture is slightly above room temperature, whisk using a hand mixer. While whisking, slowly pour the aloe mixture in until fully combined. Continue whipping for another 30 seconds or so until the desired texture is reached
- Transfer the lotion to a container of your choice and store in a cool dry place. For extra cooling relief, you can keep it in the fridge. Apply for sunburn relief and soothing!